The MSc in Environmental Biogeochemistry with Consultancy Skills is designed to equip graduates from diverse scientific backgrounds with the skills, knowledge and understanding appropriate for success in a science-based environmental consultancy business. In doing this it blends advanced technical training in environmental chemistry and applied microbiology, with an understanding of the framework within which environmental businesses must operate and succeed.
The course is underpinned by “World Leading and Internationally Excellent” research (RAE2008) carried out by Newcastle University’s School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences.
The modules currently studied are shown below:
- Solid Waste Management
- Groundwater Contamination and Remediation
- Research Methods
- Inorganic Analytical Geochemistry
- Organic Analytical Geochemistry
- Introduction to Microbiology, Microbial Physiology and Biogeochemistry
- Aqueous Geochemistry
- Sources, Fates and Control of Pollutants
- The Environment Business
- Contaminated Land
- Microbial Transformations of Organic Pollutants
- Consultancy Project
Find out more at: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/subjects/geochemistry/courses/441.
Please direct any enquiries to:
Dr Martin Cooke, Degree Programme Director