There is a growing industry in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) addressing transport problems around the world. This programme aims to develop a systematic understanding of ITS and Intelligent Mobility, and also gain a critical awareness of current problems in the field, informed by the latest research. There are also opportunities to develop a comprehensive understanding of appropriate techniques and practical application of the planning, management and operation of transport systems.
This programme is suitable for those with backgrounds in computing, electronics/ electrical engineering, numeracy or transport.
The course is underpinned by “World Leading and Internationally Excellent” research (RAE2008) carried out by Newcastle University’s School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences.
The modules currently studied are shown below:
- Quantitative Methods
- Transport Policy in Practise
- Intelligent Transport Systems and e-Services
- Transport Modelling
- Road Safety
- Characteristics of Public Transport Systems
- Economic and Environmental Appraisal of Transport Activities
- Intelligent Mobility: Policy and Practise
- Intelligent Mobility: Systems and Services
- Field Class – Transport
- MSc Project and Dissertation in Transport Engineering
Find out more at: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/subjects/civil-eng/courses/657.
Please direct any enquiries to:
Mr Roger Bird, Degree Programme Director