Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Masters Excellence Scholarship
Closing Date: 1st May 2012
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is offering 15 awards of £2000 to the highest achieving Masters degree applicants across the Faculty. Scholarship awards are for UK/EU students who are 2011 Newcastle University graduates studying full time HaSS masters in 2012. Applicants must be expecting high 2:1/first degree honours.
Successful applicants will be chosen on academic achievements and supporting personal statement. For more information on eligibility and how to apply visit http://www.ncl.ac.uk/hss/postgrad/excellencescholarships.htm
Value of Award
Students classified as UK/EU for fee purposes will receive a £2000 tuition fee discount* for 2012 entry into full time Masters level study.
*For students eligible for a 20% alumni tuition fee discount , this will be applied to the net balance after the £2000 scholarship deduction.
How to apply
All applicants must apply by completing the online application form found at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/hss/postgrad/excellencescholarships.htm . Applicants are required to complete a 350 word personal statement to include motivations, why you should be considered for an award, why you applied and career direction.
Closing date for applications: 1st May 2012
Terms and conditions
The following conditions apply to be eligible for an award:
- Applicants must be of Home/EU status
- Applicants must be graduates of Newcastle University in the year 2011/12 going on to a HaSS PGT programme starting Sept 2012
- Applicants are expecting to achieve a first class degree; transcripts of latest academic grading will be requested at the application stage
- Newcastle graduates from any UG discipline can apply
- Applicants awarded other sources of full or partial funding are ineligible
- Awards exclude PG certificates, PG Diplomas, PGCE and MArch programmes.
- Applicants for both part-time and full-time routes will be considered
For more details please refer to http://www.ncl.ac.uk/hss/postgrad/excellencescholarships.htm , alternatively contact the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by e-mail, email@example.com , or by phone, 0191 222 7144.