The Postgraduate Certificate in Global Environment Challenges is a part-time online distance learning programme for people working, or considering a career, at the intersections of policy, real-world practice and/or research in a range of sectors including government, international agencies, NGOs, private sector and academia.
Environmental challenges can only be adequately understood and addressed by considering how human activity, intentional or not, drives environmental change. Likewise development and health challenges cannot be fully understood and addressed without appreciating their environmental dimensions. The certificate therefore takes an interdisciplinary approach, drawing on expertise from across and beyond the University to develop participants’ knowledge, understanding and skills.
This part-time online distance learning programme offers a flexible approach to personal and professional development and can be studied around your other commitments, including full time work, from anywhere in the world with internet access.
The PG Certificate comprises three courses:
• Global Environmental Challenges
• Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation
• Ecosystem Values and Management
The courses are delivered through a mix of online modes, including video lectures that draw upon expertise from across the university, study guides, self-directed and guided reading, and a range of interactive online reflection and discussion activities. Assessments include written reports, case study activities and presentations.
On completion of the 9-month Certificate, you will:
• Understand the challenges for society relating to sustainability, human wellbeing and environmental change
• Be able to critically evaluate local and regional environment-related issues, initiatives and projects within a global context
• Be able to apply theories and insights from scholarly research to support the development of appropriate responses to such issues through practice and policy
• Have the option of continuing study to obtain the full MSc in Global Challenges
We are currently accepting online applications for the autumn 2012 intake. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to apply online.
For more information about the programme, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44(0)1316504917